Super-Charge Your Instagram Profile | Especially for Real Estate Professionals
1) Why Instagram for Real Estate? Besides being a great way to show off your services and personality, Instagram is also well-known as a discovery engine for brands and brand awareness. But, wait–there’s more! It can also drive leads and sales. Let’s take a look:*
2) Perfect! What now?
a) Think beyond awareness.
b) Drive leads intentionally.
c) Set your brand up for success.
3) Lay a Strong Foundation. At a minimum, make sure you’ve completed the Mini Marketing Plan Worksheet so that you understand your objectives, audience, and message. This is critically important before moving forward.
4) Set Up Your Calls-to-Action (CTAs). CTAs show your audience how they can transaction with you. There are two types of CTAs:
- Transitional: Analogy: Will you go on a date with me?
Think “Download My Free Report ‘Secrets to Buying New Construction.'”
- Direct: Analogy: Will you marry me?
Think “Schedule Your Buyer’s Consultation.”
There’s a limitation with Instagram: you can only insert one clickable hyperlink in your Instagram profile. Hyperlinks in posts aren’t “clickable” and don’t function, so the #LINKINBIO reference is used to direct the user to a clickable link within your Instagram profile.
But, what if you want to use more than one CTA? Changing out links is a pain, and what if a prospect wants something you posted a few weeks ago? The answer is Linktr.ee, a tool that allows you to build a “table of contents” for your CTAs. It’s easy! Here’s how to set up your Linktr.ee and multiple calls-to-action:
5) Know Your Audience and When They are Online. Here’s how to find your Instagram Insights:
6) Get Healthy Hashtags That Target Your Audience and/or Niche. Use Google Trends to analyze and discover effective hashtags for your content.
What is Google Trends and what does it do?
Trends adjusts search data to make comparisons between terms easier. Each data point is divided by the total searches of the geography and time range it represents, to compare relative popularity.
Identify hashtag opportunities. Analyze “Related Topics” and “Related Queries” for additional searches/keywords that are related.
Example 1: “Buy a Home” returned a related query of “Dog Palace”
Example 2: “Sell My Home” returned a related query of “Mortgage Calculator”
- Instagrams limits the number of hashtags that can be used on a post at 30. Use ALL 30.
- Brainstorm 30 hashtags that describe your niche and save them in a Google or text doc for quick and easy access.
- Plan your Instagram content around the seasonality of popular search terms.
Example: March Madness is a trending search term. Plan a March Madness promotion or contest.
7) Use Instagram Stories and Highlights to Showcase High-Value Info and Services. Instagram Stories saved to your Instagram Highlights section is the perfect place to share great information like buyer tips, seller tips, neighborhood information and so much more. While unassociated Stories disappear in 24 hours, you can add them permanently to your Highlight section where you can build compilations for topics like “Buyer Tips.” Here’s how to build your Stories and add them to your Highlights section:
8) Get On IGTV. IGTV is Instagram’s video platform. How is it different from YouTube?
- Content is not searchable by title or subject
- Videos in vertical form only
- Video length must be between 15 seconds to 10 minutes
Why use IGTV? It’s a great platform for listing videos, featuring open houses, interviewing local business owners, sharing information about neighborhoods, giving a new restaurant a 5-star review and more.
Ways to upload to IGTV:
- Upload a video from your phone (must be in vertical orientation)
- Do an Instagram Live and then upload it as an IGTV video (length constraints apply, but you can trim the video in the upload process)
- Screen record a video shot in landscape orientation and upload (Apple has this feature built in and there are apps for Androids like ScreenCam and DU Recorder)
- Interact: Show some love to other content creators by watching their videos and tapping the heart icon or leaving a comment.
- Spend time naming your video (using 1-3 keywords)
- Create a compelling cover image for your video
Here’s a how to get started on IGTV:
9) Try Out Instagram Voice. Instagram Voice is similar to Facebook Messenger’s voice messages and good for engaging with prospects or offering help. Take a quick look at how to use Instagram Voice:
- Record messages by holding down the microphone button. It’ll send automatically when you release the button, so if you don’t feel confident about sending it or want to re-record, you can slide your finger over to the trash can button to delete it.
10) Random, Fun Things to Make Your Profile Stand Out. Google “Instagram Fonts” for custom fonts to create/copy/paste and make your profile unique.
Have questions? Reach out to our Team anytime:
*Study Source: How Instagram Boosts Brands and Drives Sales