One thing I’ve learned repeatedly throughout my time as a marketing coordinator for small businesses and real estate professionals is that having an online presence matters. Actually, it’s one of the most important tools you have at your disposal. Saying this probably creates one big question — why? Why are websites crucial for real estate agents?
Creating an in-depth and multi-faceted online presence is a great way to naturally attract people in your target market. Real estate is a highly competitive market, and many homebuyers find the real estate professional they will work with from a local search term like “real estate agent in Austin.”
Reasons to Have Your Own Website
- Showcase your knowledge and establishes credibility – Your website is where people will go to learn more about you, the area you service, the services you offer, and general tips. The more information you can highlight alerts the visitor that you have knowledge, experience, and the wherewithal to assist them with their real estate needs.
- Establishes your own brand – Many agents believe that having a bio, headshot, and contact information on their brokerage’s website is enough for them, but what happens when you switch brokerages? A website is a direct reflection of you, and simply being included on a team page isn’t going to help you land clients. How do you know people will choose you over the various other talented agents on that team page? Think about this, when your clients search to refer you to friends and family or to request your help again, will they be searching your name or searching your brokerage? Your name! And if they can’t find you online, you could be missing out on client leads.
- Be the leader in a target market – Any marketing professional will drill into you how important it is to understand your target market and have a niche that you service. One of the best ways to become the go-to trusted advisor targeting your market is to create a web presence that uses SEO tactics and strong keywords to direct traffic from your target market to you.
- Be competitive with leading names and agencies – Having a website with the right keywords can help level the playing field for agents competing against well-known agents and brokerages. If you can outrank them in important Google searches, you’ll increase traffic to your site and generate more leads.
Stats That Prove Websites are Important:
- 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else.
- 90% of home buyers searched online during their home buying process. (Source:
- Real estate-related searches on Google.com have grown 253% over the past 4 years.
- Real estate brokers related searches on tablets grew 300% year-over-year.
- 51% of buyers found the home they purchased on the Internet.
- 69% of home shoppers who take action on a real estate brand website begin their research with a local term.
- 89% of new home shoppers use a mobile search engine at the onset and throughout their research.
Website Design is Important, Too!
It’s also important to note that simply having a website doesn’t do anything for you. How your site looks has a huge effect on turning visitors into leads. If your site looks old and dated, visitors will think you are no longer relevant in the industry and leave. The design and functionality of websites have changed drastically over the years, and you’ll want to ensure that your website reflects your brand as well as what users are comfortable clicking through.If you’re not sure where to start in creating a website, how to keep the design and content fresh, or how to optimize it to perform well on search engines, contact Agent Operations, and take a look at our case study of TMacRealty.com. We’re here to help you market yourself in a genuine, engaging way that generates leads. Have a question? Reach out to our team anytime: (512) 400-2345 or Team@AgentOperations.net.
You May Also Like: