Podcast Ep 6: How to Create an Irresistible Real Estate Lead Magnet or Item of Value
What is Content Marketing for Real Estate?
A type of marketing that involves the creation and sharing of high-value online material (such as lead magnets, items of value, videos, blogs, and social media posts) to a specific audience that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to inspire interest in its products or services.
What is a Real Estate Lead Magnet?
A real estate lead magnet is a marketing tactic that generates leads by offering a high-value resource in exchange for a prospect’s contact information.
How Should You Select a Real Estate Lead Magnet?
- What topics does your ideal client niche audience want to know about?
- What are your ideal client niche audience’s pain points?
- What topics would be the easiest for you to create a lead magnet about?
- How does your lead magnet help your ideal client niche audience get from Point A to Point B?
- What content format would be the best way to deliver that information?
Components of an Irresistible Real Estate Lead Magnet
Share Your Best Content That Adds Immediate Value
Your lead magnet must be compelling, unique, and laser-targeted to your niche audience. Provide a lead magnet that solves problems and adds value quickly and completely, while also delivering exactly what you promise.
Drill Down–Specificity is Key
You aren’t trying to attract everyone…you’re trying to attract the RIGHT ones. Your lead magnet isn’t meant for every person, and that’s the point! Get ultra-specific: zero in on a problem that your target audience faces and show them how your lead magnet (and you!) solve that problem.
Ensure Relevancy to Your Brand
It’s important to tie in the relevance of your personal brand and how you help your target audience achieve their goals. Further, your lead magnet is an integral part of your overall content marketing strategy for real estate. Help your audience connect the dots as to how you can be their guide.
Name It Right–The Title of Your Lead Magnet Matters
Be sure to spend time naming your lead magnet–think of the title of your lead magnet as the “first impression.” Using action verbs that help paint a clear picture of what your target audience’s life will look like once they download and digest the information you’re providing.
Craft an Irresistible Call-to-Action (CTA)
Whenever possible, make sure your call-to-action button is creative. Rather than “Learn More,” consider “Show Me How!” or “Nab This Report Today!”
Pro-Tip for a Content Marketing Strategy for Real Estate
Your website (or landing page) must have form functionality. In other words, you must be able to build a form that collects contact information and sends or downloads the lead magnet upon receipt of that information. For WordPress websites, we love Gravity Forms. In a pinch, a Google Form with an auto-responder is okay, too.
Examples of Real Estate Lead Magnet Content Formats
- Swipe File (copy/paste content)
- Resource List
- Printable (recipe/grocery list)
- Inspiration File (makes it fun to get inspired)
- Prompts (example: 60 Journal Prompts)
- Gated Content (value-added content beyond a blog post; expansion of the content)
- Educational Video
- Educational Audio
- Email Course (a simple auto-responder series)
- Free Coaching Session
- Audio Version (example: audio of a blog post)
- Summary/Cliff’s Notes Version
- State of the Industry/Market
- Roundup (simply interview people and pull all of the quotes together into one big post)
Let’s talk about specific examples of real estate lead magnets:
- Home Buyer Budget Spreadsheet
- List of New Construction (New Build) Homes
- List of Homes in [Community] With X Feature
- Millennial’s Guide to Homeownership
- Loan Estimate Worksheet
- Mortgage Amortization Calculator (calculate your mortgage at different loan amounts and interest rates)
- House-Warming Checklist
- 5 Ways to Win in Multiple Offer Situations
- How to Buy a Home After Divorce
- How to Use a Gift to Buy a Home
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Vacation Home
… Nab all 96 Real Estate Lead Magnet Ideas! Simply fill out the form below:
If you liked this content, you may also like: