AGENTS: Does your Facebook Business Page layout look different on your laptop? It should: the new Facebook Page layout has arrived! Take a look at these important action items to maximize your new business page’s look and audience functionality:
- COVER IMAGE: Keep it fresh. Is it time for a redesign? You no longer have to take into account the profile picture or other content overlay when designing your cover image (YAY!!). In terms of dimensions, there are a few ways you can go. Facebook states that 851×315 pixels loads fastest, but to display your full cover image content on both desktop and mobile, try dimensions of 828×465. For profile pictures and cover images with logos or text (or shades of red), use a PNG file format for a more crisp display.
- CALL-TO-ACTION BUTTON: It’s now much more prominent on your page. Test and ensure your button functions properly and goes where you want it to. Consider changing up your CTA button and link periodically as an engagement tool. Also monitor your CTA button Insights to see what’s working and what isn’t. (Go to Insights >> Actions on Page >> Action Button.)
- TABS: Your tabs and apps have a more prominent position (left-hand side of your page). This means you’ll want to ensure the tabs are in the order you want and that all 3rd party app tabs work properly. To REORDER tabs/apps, click the Manage Tabs button at the bottom of the tab list then drag and drop. (Note: the top two tabs – Home and About – cannot be reordered. Also, default Facebook tabs cannot be removed.) To remove or edit 3rd party apps, go to Settings > Apps, then click the settings for each one and review.
- SECTIONS: These are all on the right-hand side of your page now. Nothing changed here, but check to ensure the info is correct. Hover over any section to make the edit pencil appear > click the pencil icon > click Manage Sections. Drag and drop as you wish. (Note: the top 3 sections – Search, Info & About – cannot be reordered. Also, sections cannot be removed.)
- IN THEIR SHOES: View your page as a visitor (NOT simply as an admin) to check for any further necessary edits.
What’s the reason for the Facebook Pages layout changes? “We’ve introduced a new design for Pages on desktop to make it easier for people to learn about and interact with businesses on Facebook, including a new column for tab navigation and a more prominent call-to-action button,” said a spokesperson for Facebook.
The bottom line? This redesign is GREAT news for Realtors® and your business pages. It’s also a GREAT time to check your social media presence and ensure your page is representative of the true professional that you are.
Have questions? Reach out to Agent Operations anytime; we’re always here for you.